Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: F-Pace losing power under acceleration - limp mode trigger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Unless's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2021
    Posts
    1,095
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    F-Pace losing power under acceleration - limp mode trigger

    Hey guys, my 2017 F-Pace started acting up out of nowhere last week on the motorway. Every time I try to overtake and push the pedal down, the engine just completely bogs down and throws a restricted performance light on the dash. If I turn the car off and back on, the light goes away, but it happens again as soon as I try to accelerate hard. Anyone dealt with this before?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member MichaelSano's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2024
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: F-Pace losing power under acceleration - limp mode trigg

    I took it to my local indy garage this morning and they checked it over. Turns out the seals are completely shot and it's spitting oily residue everywhere. They told me I need a complete replacement assembly. The main dealer quoted me an absolute joke of a price, and I really don't want to spend thousands on a brand new OEM part if I can avoid it.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member YanBig's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2024
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: F-Pace losing power under acceleration - limp mode trigg

    Main dealer prices for Jag parts are absolute highway robbery, mate. I had the exact same issue on my 3.0 diesel last winter. Instead of buying brand new, I ended up ordering a remanufactured Jaguar F-Pace turbo from a specialist workshop in Essex. They send you a fully rebuilt unit that comes with a proper warranty, and it honestly looked like a brand new part out of the box. My mechanic bolted it on, and the car has been driving flawlessly ever since. It saves you a massive chunk of cash.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •